Sunday, February 23, 2020

Good Newwz (2019) Movie Review

I was actually planning to go to this movie in the theatre but this is the catch. I planned it with my friends which is the toughest thing to manage for me. They are always changing plans per 2 minutes and spoiling my plans and they did now too. So, after that I was busy in the new year with the sankranthi films, so I skipped this film and watched it today at midnight on amazon prime. So, how is the film? Let's find out.
Good Newwz is a 2019 comedy drama starring Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Diljit Dosanjh, Kiara Advani, Adil Hossain, Tisca Chopra and others. It revolves around a sperm mix up as shown in the film's trailer and how it sparks friction between Varun & Deepthi Batra and Honey & Monica Batra and how they become parents is the rest story.

The story and screenplay of the film is okay for me. When I saw the reviews of the film, I never thought that this film would have fart jokes and double meaning dialogues. The film goes with zero bumps until Honey-Monica arrive. Therefore, the film just does not leave any impact on me and I was distracted. But, after Honey-Monica arrive, the comedy and real story take centerstage and drive the movie with a good pace until we get a heartwarming climax. The film's trailer is a good chunk of the movie's plot and brings down the fun of the movie for me. 

The technical aspects of the film are good. The punjabi remixes are good but please stop remixing. The dialogues are the best part of the movie although some double meaning jokes pop up. The editing and cinematography is easy peasy. 

For a halka-phulka comedy, this film is a good recommendation for some fun time and escape from your world. It's not that film which blows your mind with its message of genes just because they mentioned it a couple of times. It just entertains you and only entertains you.

iMDB Rating: 7.6/10
My Rating: 6.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Rithvik blogging is a good habbit keep writing your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this movie is better than a 6.5

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete