Monday, July 15, 2019

Metro Park Review

METRO PARK REVIEW




So, I have been watching web series for the last 3-4 months and all the web series I found are thrillers(in fact boring thrillers and very few good ones) , explicit content ones and the gory ones which I could not watch with my family but never I watched a family entertainer which is light hearted, relaxing and fun. 

Then, I watched Metro Park, a series which is joyful and masterfully crafted. It is set in a fictional town called Metro Park, a colony filled with Indian people and Indian culture. When I heard about this web series, I was watching the office, a hotstar web series which bored me to hell when I watched it. So, I had my expectations set low. Then, after watching it, I was satisfied because it is very enjoyable yet many children can learn about values which the series does not rub.

So, let's begin with the characters, Ranvir Shorey as Kalpesh Patel is very good. From his accent to his body language, he is quite brilliant in his role(such an underrated actor). Purbi 
Joshi as Payal Patel is good in her role as well as her face expressions evoke laughter almost instantly. Omi Vaidya is put to good use in this series as his speech is used to give some hilarious moments in the series. Vega Tamotia has lesser scope than the rest of the cast but she acts well. Pitobash, who I recognise in the movie Total Dhamaal makes me realise that he was wasted in that film as he delivers a hilarious performance as Bittoo right from the start. His moments with Kalpesh are some of the best in the series. Watch out for the couple of Sheela and Dinkar as they have some good moments in the film as well. The kids in the series as good as well.

This series is what it is due to its story, screenplay and direction. Setting a typical gujarati family in a town situated in america is itself a great idea but the screenplay and the quirky dialogue elevates it to another level. For example, a video of a segment of the series called the e-pooja scene is available on youtube. Take a look at it. The link is down below

And there are quite a few moments in this series which are hilarious. The punchlines in the series are simply bang on. But, the problem was it was predictable at some points as it also follows some tropes and cliches from other comedy films. Other than that, it is clean and neat comedy without much fuss. STRAIGHT AND SIMPLE.

If you are in a mood to have fun, just watch this web series and guess what it has just 9 episodes, a short mini-series you can finish it in a day. It is available now on eros now or you can just download it from anywhere. The first episode is available on youtube. The link is given down 
below

A quirky and hilarious web series which can be viewed by the whole family.

My Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment